Residents of Chestermere
If you are a resident of Chestermere, you can use the boat launch for free once you have registered your boat and received a decal. To register your boat complete and print the Boat Launch Application Form. Bring a completed form and required documentation to City Hall until May 5th and at the Boat Launch hut after May 5th on to obtain your decal. Permits expire December 31 of the year they were issued.
If you do not live in Chestermere but still want to get out on the lake, you must pay the following day fees at the boat launch before you launch:
- Boat: $45
- Personal Motorized Watercraft (e.g., Sea-Doo): $35
- Open Bow Boat (10hp or under, 16 feet or under): $10.00
- Non-Motorized Watercraft: $5
- Proof of Residency (for Chestermere residents)
- Transport Canada Pleasure Craft License
- Pleasure Craft Operator's Card
Help Protect Chestermere Lake
Aquatic Invasive Species are plants and animals (mussels) that can infest our lake, damage pumps and irrigation systems, and clog boat props. If you launch your boat in Chestermere, you will be asked to ensure your boat is not carrying these species. Learn more about what you can do to protect our lake at www.chestermere.ca/ais.
Water Safety Program:
The goal of the Chestermere RCMP water safety program is to ensure all residents and visitors are safe in their lake use. Our enhanced boat patrols are in place to check vessel compliance, educate lake users on safe operation, deter unsafe operation habits, and when required enforce applicable legislation on the lake.
If unsafe vessel operation is occurring or if an offence has been committed, please contact the Chestermere RCMP to make a report through the non emergency complaint line at 403-204-8900; or dial 911 in the case of an emergency.
Learn more about the Water Safety Program here.
Learn about Small Vessel Regulations & Safety Requirements here.
Learn more about the RCMP Marine Safety Decal Program here
BOAT LAUNCH NOTICE:
In order to accommodate the public, and as a temporary measure for the remainder of the 2018 season, we will be leaving the exit arm up at the boat launch until Oct. 8th.
The City is deeply concerned about the possibility of contamination of invasive species and is implementing measures now, and others in the future, in order to ensure that we are doing our best to protect the lake. We are looking at options such as a swipe card or ticket system at the launch in 2019, which will provide more control over the use of the launch but will also allow more ease of use for Chestermere residents. Once the City has finalized plans in 2019, changes to the Boat Launch procedures will be communicated to all users.
If you have any questions, please call (403) 207-7096
May 12 – September 3
Monday – Friday – 10:30 am – 7:00 pmSeptember 4 – October 8
Saturday, Sunday and Stat Holidays – 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Fridays, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Saturdays, Sundays and Stat. Holidays, 9:30 am - 6:00 pmThe boat launch facility is located at John Peake Park on the west side of the lake, just north of Chestermere Boulevard. The phone number at the Boat Launch is (403) 235-6601. Click the image to view the location.
- Boat clearance under the bridge is 5.2 feet
- The speed limit is 12km on North end of the Lake
- Where to Park (back into angled stalls)
NEW - Automated Arm
- The arm is located at the exit of the boat launch parking area
- The arm will be used starting September 4th
- The arm is lifted using an automated system
- The censor is calibrated to be engaged when the weight of a vehicle sits on the censor
- Can my passengers or I consume liquor on a boat?
- If I consume liquor while operating a vessel, can I be charged with impaired operation?
- Is there a speed limit on Chestermere Lake?
- If the police request an inspection of my vessel, am I obligated to cooperate?
- Can I waterski or go tubing after dark?
- How many people can I have on my vessel?
- Can I tow a person on a tube with my Personal Watercraft (PWC)?
- What are the age restrictions for operating a pleasure craft?
If you have questions or concerns about the Boat Launch Fees or application, please call City Hall at (403) 207-7050.
Water Rescue: If you see someone in distress, Chestermere Fire Services crews are certified in aquatic rescue techniques and ice rescue. Learn more about aquatic rescue here.
Not launching a boat?
Visit our Lake Activities page to learn about other activities on Chestermere Lake.