Spring street sweeping is underway!
The City of Chestermere starts street sweeping in the spring and throughout the summer as needed (weather permitting) and may last for several weeks. Final sweeping is delayed until late spring. Crews make an initial pass to clear the bulk of the material then come back after posting zone signs for a final cleaning.
- Signs will be posted in your area at least 24 hours in advance of street sweeping.
- Please ensure all vehicles, including trailers and RV's are moved from the street prior to 7:00 am on the day your street is to be swept.
- Remove all obstacles from the roadway such as, driveway ramps, toys, basketball hoops etc. to allow the street sweeper to get as close as possible to the curb.
- If you do not move your vehicle, the street sweepers will go around your vehicle and will not return to sweep again.
- Please do not follow too close behind a sweeper.
- Periodic sweeping is conducted throughout the year to touch up in high traffic areas.
- If you fail to move your vehicle from the street when sweeping is underway, you may be ticketed (as there is a $75 fine).
- Areas still under new construction are the responsibility of the developer to maintain.
- Download the 2017 street sweeping map.
- Zone 1: Kinniburgh - COMPLETED.
- Zone 2: East Side & West Chestermere Drive - COMPLETED.
- Zone 3: Monday May 8th to Friday May 12th - COMPLETED
- Zone 4: COMPLETED
- Zone 5: Lakeside Greens - Tuesday May 23rd and Wednesday May 24th, 2017
- Zone 6: May 29th to May 31st, 2017