Christmas with Dignity
The Christmas with Dignity (CWD) fund helps local individuals and families, who reside in Chestermere and Area, to meet their basic needs all year long. Although ‘Christmas’ is in the name and the majority of the funds are used during the holiday season, donations can be accessed at any time throughout the year when families in the community need assistance.
From November to January, money is raised to offer financial support to meet local basic needs, as well as, offer subsidized support through the following programs:
- Jacket Racket
- Backpack program
- Baby Essentials
- Christmas Hampers
- Good Food Box
2017 Fundraiser Community UpdateWhat an incredible day December 16, 2017 was for the community! We had a record high in attendance this year with 500 guests enjoying the local performances, creating a craft in the library, seeking out items for the scavenger hunt, visiting and taking photos with Santa during story time, bidding over hot items at the silent auction, enjoying a sweet treat from Tim Hortons at the Cafe, and shopping through the Kids' Holiday Store.
We are still processing all the donations received from 2017 and we will have a 2017 Community Report ready for you in the next month.
Thank you to everyone who helped the program this year. We couldn't have wished for a more successful turnout to support local individuals and families with their Christmas, and to get us started off on the right foot with our subsidized programming in the new year.
Save the Date - December 15, 2018
In the news
- Celebrating Christmas with Dignity in Chestermere
- Holiday Shopping
- Breaking bread for Christmas with Dignity
- Hundreds Come Out to Support Those in Need
- A Holiday Celebration Fit for Everyone
- Successful Christmas with Dignity campaign comes to an end for another year
- Christmas with Dignity has huge impact on community
- Christmas with Dignity Celebration Lights up Town Hall
- Local Tim Hortons opens up on Christmas Day
- Easter with Dignity