Township Road 240 Upgrade
Update:December 22, 2016
The first phase of construction is to replace the existing Twp Rd 240 bridge over the WID canal east of Range Road 281. Construction is scheduled to begin Jan 3, 2017.
Twp Rd 240 between RR 281 and Hwy 791 will be closed for the construction period which is scheduled to begin Jan 3, 2017 and be complete by June 30, 2017.
This area will be restricted to local access only with no traffic crossing the canal. The detour route for the road closure is outlined on the right.
Please check back this page for project updates and feedback from the Open House. Contact Carrie at (403) 207-2807 for more information on this project.
The project consists of upgrading the existing gravel road along Township Road 240 and Range Road 282 to a new paved road. As part of the upgrade two new bridges will be constructed over the Western Irrigation District canals and the bridge over the Alberta Environment canal will be widened.
Township Road 240 will be upgraded to a 2 lane urban industrial standard from Hwy 791 to Range Road 284.
The South Link Connector is the extension of Kinniburgh Blvd and upgrade of Range Road 282 to a 2-lane urban collector roadway with a separate walk. A new bridge will be constructed over the canal south of Kinniburgh Blvd to connect it to Range Road 282.
The project will be completed in the phase schedule indicated below:
- October 19, 2016 - Open House - Thank you for attending!
- Winter 2017—Spring 2017—Bridge construction on Twp Rd 240 over WID Canal (East)
- Summer 2017—Twp Rd 240 construction from Rge Rd 282 to Hwy 791
- Summer 2018—Twp Rd 240 construction from Rainbow Road to RR 282
- Fall 2018—Spring 2019—Bridge construction on Twp Rd 240 over AEP Canal (West)
- Summer 2019—Twp Rd 240 construction from RR 284 to Rainbow Road
- Future (date to be confirmed)—South Link Connector—RR 282/Kinniburgh
The Township Road 240 upgrade is being funded in part by the Small Communities Fund Grant as well as the City Off-Site Levies (from development).
The South Link Connector is being funded by the Kinniburgh Developer(s).
Project Overview Map
Please click the map to view it larger
Detailed Map Plans
- Southlink Connection
- Twp Rd 240 at Hwy 791
- Twp Rd 240 at the East Canal Crossing and RR281
- Twp Rd 240 at RR282
- Twp Rd 240 between RR 282 and Rainbow Rd.
- Twp Rd 240 at Rainbow Rd.
- Twp Rd 240 from Paradise Meadows – Range Road 284