At the Chestermere City Council Meeting on December 18, Council:
- Received a cheque for Christmas with Dignity from the Knights of Columbus and Catholic Women’s League. Thank you!
- Heard a presentation from Bow River Member of Parliament Martin Shields who gave an update on his activities in Ottawa.
- Listened to the RCMP Quarterly Report. The report is available as part of the agenda and includes the most recent crime and enforcement statistics for the community.
- Heard a report regarding best practices for Council Meetings. Council made a motion directing Administration to release the Council meeting agenda on the Thursday prior to meetings on a trial basis for the next three months.
- Presented the 2017 Dave Mikkelsen Award to Jay Bailey and Shaun Fisk for their idea to hold a talent show that profiles youth skills in the community.
- Reviewed the CUI Corporate Bylaw Update. Council tabled the request to appoint Council members to the Rate Application Committee until they meet with the CUI Board and asked Administration to schedule this meeting.
- Endorsed the Chestermere Rotary Club’s intention to apply for sign permits for community display signs at the three main entrances to Chestermere.
- Authorized staff to create and send a letter of support for the proposed AltaLink Telecommunications Tower to the relevant federal agencies.
- Designated Councillor Young and Councillor Foat as alternates to the City of Calgary and City of Chestermere Inter-municipal Committee and designated Councillor Bold as an alternate of the City of Chestermere and Rocky View County Inter-municipal Committee.
- Appointed 47 community members to various committees/boards for the 2018 term. The full and final list will be available in the official minutes.
- Passed first reading of Bylaw 008-17 (Waterford Stage 1 Outline Plan) and scheduled a Public Hearing to take place on February 20, 2018.
- Heard from 2 residents during Question Period.
These notes are for information purposes only. The official minutes are always posted to www.chestermere.ca/agendas