At the Chestermere City Council Meeting on February 20, Council:
- Heard a presentation on the work of the Chestermere Therapy Dogs Society.
- Listened to an overview of the Chestermere Whitecappers Association’s work and activities.
- Heard a presentation on the history and initiatives of the Chestermere Lakefront Owners Association.
- Heard from 1 resident during Question Period.
- Adopted the consent agenda.
- Heard a presentation from Ian McCormack, the consultant who worked with Council in creating their four year Strategic Plan. Following the completion of the presentation, Council adopted the 2018-2022 Strategic Plan for the City of Chestermere.
- Heard a presentation regarding the City’s prohibition of recreational usage on the two City-owned storm water ponds. Council directed Administration to amend the Community Standards Bylaw to define ‘Open Space Area’ properly and clearly state the City’s prohibition on recreational usage of storm ponds. They also directed Administration to let CUI know of Council’s decisions in regard to storm water ponds. Council also directed Administration to launch communication explaining the City’s current policy prohibiting storm ponds for recreational use and requested staff provide a report on the feasibility of fencing these storm ponds.
- Accepted a revision to the Council Remuneration & Expense Policy that removes the requirements for Councillors to receive approval from Council prior to attending training (as the training budget is already set).
- Accepted Administration’s recommendation to deny a refund of property taxes to a resident who had requested the refund.
- Held a public hearing for the Waterford Stage 1 Outline Plan.
- Directed Administration to develop a compensation disclosure policy that outlines the positions, salary ranges and benefits available to municipal employees.
- Accepted a Letter of Intent for +/- 1.67 acres in the Webster Industrial Park.
These notes are for information purposes only. The official minutes are always posted to www.chestermere.ca/agendas