At the Regular Meeting of Council on July 3, Council...
- Awarded Santina Fronte the 2018 Lemonade Day Best Stand Award. Congratulations Santina!
- Drew names for the 2018 Lemonade Day Bike Sweepstakes. The winner is Ethan Williams!
- Adopted minutes from previous meetings (with amendments).
- Heard from 2 residents during Question Period.
- Accepted the consent agenda that included minutes and correspondence.
- Heard a report on the work being done to upgrade Township Road 240 and the Southlink Connection.
- Went in camera to discuss a land and legal matter.
- Approved a resolution through expropriation, for the purpose of acquiring a fee simple over certain lands as indicated in the agenda.
- Allocated $750,000 from the existing budget to the engineering services contract for the completion of Township Road 240 and the South Link connection.
- Accepted the recommendation to continue using the combined approach to municipal budgeting using incremental, zero-based and triple bottom line budgeting methodologies.
- Approved the new Public Participation and Engagement Policy.
- Appointed Lennox Gomes to the Marigold Library Board and Luella Dickmann-Gaultier as an alternate.
- Heard a presentation from the Library on their work and achievements.
- Heard from 2 residents during the second Question Period.
*These notes are not considered official minutes and only summarizes the motions that were passed (not those tabled or defeated).