Latest COVID-19 Updates
Telephone Town Hall - May 13
- The recording from our Telephone Town Hall is now available - check it out if you missed it live on May 13!
- We have also updated our FAQ to include some of the common questions that were asked during the Telephone Town Hall
- Click here to view the results from the two poll questions that were asked to attendees.
Latest Chestermere Video
Posted May 7, 2020
Earlier today, Mayor Marshall Chalmers and Director of Emergency Management Bernie Morton provided new details on the City’s plans to keep everyone safe as we move closer to Stage 1 of the provincial re-launch stra... Read on...
Daily Federal, Provincial and Local Updates
- Dr. Deena Hinshaw confirmed 22 new cases, bringing the Alberta total to 6,977.
- The final stage of Phase 1 will begin in Calgary and Brooks on Monday, June 1.
- The prime minister confirmed the federal government signed a contract with General Motors to produce 10 million face masks.
- The federal government will fund up to 700 jobs for young people to assist farmers in the agriculture sector.
Updates from this week:
- The prime minister announced the online portal for the Canada Emergency Rent Assistance Program opens today.
- Landlords in BC, Alberta, Quebec, and the Atlantic with up to ten eligible tenants can apply today.
- Landlords in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and the Territories can apply tomorrow.
- Landlords with more than ten eligible tenants can apply later this week.
- The federal government is launching a phone hotline operated by the Chamber of Commerce at 1 866 989 1080 for small businesses in need of financial advice. The number is toll-free and operates seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET).
- The prime minister spoke about Canada’s approach to ensure a successful reopening of the economy
- Jurisdictions must maintain the high testing capacity
- Canadians must accelerate their ability to complete contact tracing
- Data collected in jurisdictions should continue to be shared between provinces
- The federal government announced a new online portal for individuals unsure about which programs they qualify for. Visit canada.ca/coronavirusbenefits for a list of programs.