Positive Parenting Program (Triple P)
Chances are you’re looking for practical help with some common parenting problems such as:
- infant’s sleep-patterns or persistent crying
- toddler tantrums
- mealtime mayhem
- fighting and aggression
- a young teenager’s defiance
Or there might be no problem at all. You might be thinking about how to best support your child as he or she starts school, to set a homework pattern, to encourage healthy eating or set a bedtime routine. And if you’re “expecting”, it’s never too early to learn what to expect!
Whatever your parenting need, no matter how simple or complex, Triple P has the information, tip sheet, book, DVD, seminar, course or practitioner to help you. As one of the few evidence-based parenting programs available worldwide, with over 25 years of proven clinical research to back it up, you can be sure Triple P works for the majority of families. Triple P has helped thousands of families and has the seal of approval of parents, practitioners and experts worldwide.
Selection of Programs
This is a "light touch" intervention providing brief one-time assistance to parents who are generally coping well but have one or two concerns with their child’s behavior or development. It is available for parents of children from birth to 12 years and for parents of teenagers.
- Triple P Selected Seminar Series – An introduction to the strategies of positive parenting and Triple P. Parents attend any number of three 90-minute seminars (Power of Positive Parenting; Raising Confident, Competent Children; and Raising Resilient Children) or any of the three seminars in the Teen Triple P Seminar Series (Raising Responsible Teenagers; Raising Competent Teenagers; and Getting Teenagers Connected). Take-home tip sheets are given to all parents who attend Triple P seminars.
- Brief Primary Care and Brief Primary Care Teen – Delivered opportunistically by a practitioner who provides regular support to parents of children or teenagers. A brief one-on-one consultation of 15–30 minutes targets a specific issue. If required, there can be a follow-up visit or phone call.
Targeted support for parents of a child with mild to moderate behavioral difficulties. It is available for parents of children from birth to 12 years and for parents of teenagers. Level 3 interventions deal with a specific problem behavior or issue.
- Primary Care Triple P – A brief face-to-face or telephone intervention with a provider (from areas such as child and community health, education, allied health, child care etc.). Approximately four individual consultations lasting between 15 and 30 minutes. Uses tip sheets and Positive Parenting Booklet to reinforce strategies. For parents of children birth to 12 years and Primary Care Teen Triple P for parents of adolescents to 16 years.
- Triple P Discussion Groups – Two-hour small group sessions, targeting a specific problem behavior or issue. Each discussion group can be taken as a stand-alone session or as part of a series. There are four topics for parents of children 0 –12 (Dealing with disobedience; Managing fighting and aggression; Developing good bedtime routines; and Hassle-free shopping with children) and four in Teen Triple P Discussion Groups for parents of 12 –16 year olds (Coping with teenagers’ emotions; Reducing family conflict; Getting teenagers to cooperate; and Building teenagers’ survival skills).
For motivated parents interested in gaining a more in-depth understanding of Positive Parenting. It is available for parents of children from birth to 12 years and 12–16 years and covers Triple P’s 17 core positive parenting skills that can be adapted to a wide range of parenting situations.
- Group Triple P/Group Teen Triple P – Groups of no more than 12 parents attend five sessions and are supported with three phone counseling/catch-up sessions at home. Uses DVDs and workbook to engage parents and reinforce strategies.
- Triple P Online – A comprehensive, eight-session web-based program that guides parents through Triple P’s 17 core parenting skills. Based on the Standard Triple P program it includes opt-in text or email reminders of session goals and strategies.
For More Information & Upcoming Program Dates
If there is a program that we are not currently running that you are interested in, please contact us to let us know!
Call at (403) 207-7050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org