- Resident Services
- Road Maintenance
The Roads and Stormwater Team are responsible for:
Gravel Road Maintenance
Traffic Lights & Signs
- Excluding street lights - they are maintained by Fortis Alberta.
Illegal Dumping clean-up on city-owned property
Road Weight Restrictions (Road Bans)
- All overweight/over-dimensional permits may be obtained through Roadata Services Ltd.
Sidewalk, Curb, Gutter, and Median maintenance
- Concrete repairs are completed between the Spring, Summer, and Fall months.
- Line Painting is completed following the spring street sweeping program.
- There is over 110km of paved roadways in Chestermere.
Bridge Maintenance (surface cleaning)
- There are 6 bridges in Chestermere.
Pothole and Asphalt Repairs
- Potholes and Asphalt repairs are completed between the Spring, Summer, and Fall months.
- August 18, 2020: Patching completed on Rainbow Road south of WID bridge. A permanent overlay patch is planned.
Catch Basin (also known as storm drain) maintenance
- In some areas, inlet control devices are installed in the drains by the City or developers to control how fast water flows.
- These devices prevent the storm system from causing water backups, flooding to houses/garages/businesses, and to protect the system from construction debris.
- The flooding on your street will eventually drain once the storm system accepts the excess water - this can take up to 2 hours after rainfall has ended.
- If it’s safe and possible to do, you may clear debris, ice and/or snow that’s blocking your storm drain to help water flow. Do not attempt to clean a catch basin if it’s submerged in water. You cannot be sure if the grate is intact, presenting a safety risk.
- If water still completely covers the catch basin 2 hours after rainfall has ended - please contact Community Operations online or call 403-207-2807.
Storm Pond, Vault, Stormceptor and Outfall maintenance
Note: This excludes areas under developer control. Check the Street Sweeping Map to see areas currently under developer control.