Honour a loved one
The Memorial Bench program provides the opportunity for residents to honour deceased loved ones who have resided in Chestermere by having a bench with their name on a plaque installed and maintained on municipal property.
The City reserves the right to choose the bench style to be installed to maintain uniformity for Memorial Benches throughout the City of Chestermere.
Benches are made from recycled plastic, which show our commitment to environmental stewardship and our focus on recycling here in Chestermere.
The City of Chestermere reserves the right to sell and install up to a maximum of four memorial benches per year, on a first come first served basis, with a completed application form.
- Application forms for benches not installed in a calendar year, will be rolled over to the next year, and will be re-confirmed with the applicant prior to installation.
- Benches can be dedicated to a deceased individual, family or group from Chestermere.
- The City of Chestermere reserves the right to refuse any application.
- Plaques are limited in size to 2.5 inches by 12 inches.
- All plaques must be purchased through the Parks Department to ensure uniformity in design and appearance.
- The cost of the memorial bench and plaque costs, including shipping and installation is $1900, due upon application.
- Upon installation, the City assumes ownership of the Memorial Bench. (Repair and maintenance including life cycle replacement of the bench, will be completed as budget and resources allow).
The City of Chestermere is responsible for:
- Administering the Memorial Bench Program in accordance with the procedures outlined below; The City of Chestermere will allocate areas where these benches can be installed.
- Applicants may choose areas outlined by the City.
- Maintenance of the benches.