To obtain a dog license:
- Fill out the Dog License Application and pay online with PayPal
(NOTE: you do not need to have a PayPal account to use this option)
- If you would prefer to pay by cheque, Visa, or Mastercard Fill out this Application Form.
Renew your license
- Dog licences expire December 31. Renewal payment is due January 31.
- You can renew by phone, drop box or PayPal.
- If renewing by drop box at City Hall, please ensure you include the name of the person the license is under. Payment by cheque only, please do not deposit cash.
Fees for Dog Tags
- Dogs that have been spayed or neutered: $35
- Dogs that have not been altered: $55
Off Leash Dog Park
There is an Off-Leash Area at the northwest end of the Lake.
Please be aware that you are still responsible to pick up after your pet in the off leash area. You are not allowed to let your dog run loose except in the off-leash area.
Dog Ownership Expectations
- If your dog defecates on someone else’s property, it is your responsibility to remove any fecal matter.
- If your dog runs away or is lost, please contact the Peace Officers at (403) 207-7058. If the Peace Officers find your pet, you may be charged fees associated with the care of your pet until you retrieve him / her.
- You may not have more than three dogs.
Interested in learning about wildlife in Chestermere?