Booking a Park
Events in Chestermere Parks
Thinking of holding a special event in one of our Chestermere parks? Please be aware that to use a park or the pavilion for more than 50 people, you will need to:
- Attain licences (depending on your event)
- Check availability
- Obtain insurance
- Submit a deposit
- Submit a completed Parks and Pavilion Booking Form at the bottom of this page with agreements at least three months in advance.
This is an application/request only and does not guarantee a permit will be issued. To ensure complete understanding of all requirements, please read the “Requirements for Park & Pavilion Bookings” and the “Terms and Conditions” below.
For more information, please contact Events Coordinator Nancie Huneault at (403) 207-7050 ext.7051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Park & Pavilion Bookings
The noise bylaw is intended to assist organizers in ensuring that noise from the event does not intrude unreasonably upon residents living/or working adjacent to the event site.
The guidelines explain the responsibility that event organizers have to monitor noise resulting from the presence of your event occurring in a public park area.
The City of Chestermere reserves the right to require that the event organizer and/or sound contractor reduce amplified sound levels if these are found to be excessive (e.g. causing undue public complaints, unreasonably interfering with adjacent users, or exceeding noise bylaw limits, etc.)
Sound checks or amplified music will only be allowed during the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday / Saturday 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday 1:00pm - 9:00pm
The City of Chestermere must be provided with a copy of your insurance certificate indicating a minimum of $2 million or up to $5 million
(depending on the impact and complexity of the event) requesting General Liability insurance and listing “City of Chestermere” as additional insured no less than three weeks prior to event.
All fees and projected costs must be paid prior to the event date unless other arrangements have been agreed upon. Payments can be made at the Municipal Office (cash/debit or cheque), mail and drop off box for after hours. Damage deposits will be cashed and refunded upon completion of follow up site inspection.
If you cancel with more than 5 working days notice, a $50.00 cancellation fee will apply. If you cancel with less than 5 working days notice, you will lose your payment fee.
Terms & Conditions
The Applicant is responsible for ensuring that the event being held is conducted in a safe, orderly manner; the activity is restricted to the assigned area; the activity does not interfere with other park users or contravene any City of Chestermere Bylaws.
- The City will assess any damage that may occur, as a result of the event and payment for such damages and additional costs incurred because of an incident will be the sole responsibility of the Applicant.
- The Applicant will be responsible for all cleanup operations.
- The City of Chestermere reserves the right to cancel any or all booked times should any portion of the venue be rendered unsafe/unusable due to mechanical/electrical or structural failure. i.e. extreme weather conditions
- The City of Chestermere will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- The Applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of Chestermere
- Damage or expense sustained by the owner/operator of the facility
- Any claim to which the owner/operator of the facility may become liable by reason of personal injury or property damage sustained by any person participating in the event, a spectator, or any other person attending at the event during the term of the Agreement.
- Any personal injury or property damage suffered by anyone from a breach of item 5.
- The Applicant shall be responsible for the orderly behaviour of all persons participating in the event, and shall ensure that the venue is used for the purpose listed on the Agreement.
- Users must carry the permit / agreement and present it upon request. Permits will be revoked without payment of any compensation in the event of a breach of laws, bylaws, or conditions set up herein or in force. Non-compliance may also result in fines, penalties and additional charges.
- Vehicles are not to be driven onto grassed areas or designated restricted areas.
- The City of Chestermere reserves the right to revoke this permit if payment is not received according to the terms of this agreement.
- City of Chestermere will locate irrigation lines. Event organizers are responsible to contact all other underground utilities. The Applicant will be responsible for any damages done to irrigation systems as a result of stakes or poles placed without prior approval.
Some events may be subject to the following requirements:
- Event Security: Provide a description of how security will be provided and scheduled.
- Parking Plan: Describe the areas where event participants and spectators will park during the events.
- Traffic Control: For events that will be impacting a town- site roadway. Public Awareness: The City of Chestermere may require organizers to give advance notice regarding event details to residents who may be impacted by the event site. Also to be given to RCMP/ FIRE / C.P.O. Departments.
Special Event Permit & Site User Fees
John Peake Pavilion Permit
The Pavilion is available for weddings, cultural/musical performances and special events, at the discretion of the City.
|4 hour block: $200|
Site User Fees
|Number of Participants||25-50||51-100||101-200||201-350||351-500||501-1000|
|John Peake Park (Includes pavilion)||$100||$150||$250||$350||$500||$700|
- If number of participants is higher than a thousand please call to discuss with City Event Coordinator
- Damage deposit of $500 will apply to all permit applications at time of booking. Deposits will be cashed on approval of permit. Damage deposits will be refunded upon completion of inspection after the event.