Engineering Services is responsible for working with the Planning & Growth department in the review and comment phases of applications for MASP, ASP, Outline Plans, and land use, zoning amendments, and major construction projects. These reviews ensures appropriate development standards; servicing requirements and good engineering practices are met.
Engineering is responsible to ensure conformity to sound engineering principles and engineering design criteria and standards of the City for:
- The review and approval of final detailed engineering designs for all site plan applications and plans of subdivision included within agreements,
- Inspection of the infrastructure during construction,
- Review and approval for new residential, commercial and industrial development, capital reconstruction works, site works and traffic studies,
- Management of the City’s roadway networks, including traffic impact and transportation network studies, and
- Management of department staff and other resources, including professional engineering consultants and private contractors involved with City and private development and construction of road and utilities.
The following documents are intended for use by City staff, Consulting Engineers, Designers, and Contractors designing and constructing engineering infrastructure that the City will own and operate: