Community Support Services
With the right information, communities can flourish. Family and Community Support Services (CSS) can help you solve a variety of problems and direct you to resources for help. CSS is a free and confidential service that offers all Chestermere and South East Rocky View individuals and families assistance with basic needs support and information and referrals to local supports and resources. Services can be offered in English, Punjabi, and Spanish.
Programs and services include:
- Information and Referrals to resources (i.e. food bank/food hampers, backpack program, jacket racket), clothes, emergency shelters transportation, support groups, parenting programs, counselling, household items, training programs, career and employment, etc.
- Mental Health and Counselling Supports Information on general mental health resources available. Counselling support for immigrant families in multiple languages (in partnership with the Calgary Immigrant Women's Association).
- Assistance with accessing government support programs (ie. Income Support, Child Care Subsidy, Special Needs Assistance for Seniors, etc.)
- Community Access Program (CAP) subsidized access to services such as recreational activities for kids, older adults, income tax completion, and transportation for individuals and families living on a low income. This includes Kids Up Front tickets, TELUS Spark Centre Passes and more!
- Gifts of Kindness financial assistance program for basic needs support (rent, damage deposit, utility, medical, training, kids programming, etc.)
- Assistance with information on how to access government support programs (ie. Income Support, Child Care Subsidy, Special Needs Assistance for Seniors, etc.)
- Financial Literacy one-on-one support referrals and online workshops.
- Outreach Clinic, weekly outreach in various locations in Chestermere, available for any residents to connect with the team in the community and get support on different needs.
CSS is available to all individuals and families in Chestermere and SE Rocky View. The CSS Team will work with you to access the resources that best meet your needs.
- Visit us at City Hall, 105 Marina Drive, Chestermere. We can take appointments Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00pm (closed between 12pm-1pm)
- You can call the Family & Community Resource Centre at (403) 207-7079 or text at (403) 826-2611.
- Send us an email about your concerns and questions, or fill out this short form.
- In addition to office hours, we have outreach hours at various locations starting October 2022. Drop-ins welcome!
South East Rocky View Resources
- Indus Recreation Centre
- South East Rocky View Food Bank - (587) 585-7378
- Indus Mothers and Tots - (403) 816-9651
- Indus Preschool - (403) 936-5474, ext. 4
- Indus Seniors Livewires - (403) 936-5427
- Welcome Wagon - (403) 934-9459
Alberta 211 is a direct line for Alberta residents to access many necessary services and resources. Click here for more information and how to contact 211 Toll Free.