Family & Community Resource Centre
With the right information, communities can flourish. The Family & Community Resource Centre (FCRC) can help you solve a variety of problems and direct you to resources for help. The Family & Community Resource Centre is a free and confidential service that offers all Chestermere and South East Rocky View individuals and families assistance with basic needs support and information and referrals to local supports and resources.
FCRC programs and services includes:
- Mental Health and Counselling Supports in multiple languages (in partnership with the Calgary Immigrant Women's Association).
- Assistance with accessing government support programs (ie. Income Support, Child Care Subsidy, Special Needs Assistance for Seniors, etc.).
- Food Bank referrals (intake and assessment).
- Community Access Program subsidized access to services such as recreational activities, income tax completion, and transportation for individuals and families living on a low income.
- Summer Camp referrals to Tim Hortons Camp, Our Lady Queen of Peace Ranch, and etc.
- Financial Literacy one-on-one support and online workshops.
- Gifts of Kindness (formerly Christmas with Dignity) financial assistance program for basic needs support (rent, damage deposit, utility, medical, training, kids programming, and etc.).
- Personal Essentials program (based on availability) - baby formula and food, diapers from infant to toddler sizes, quilts donated by various community groups, briefs for seniors, high-calorie drinks, etc.
- Information and Referrals (i.e. mental health, support groups, parenting programs, counselling, household items, training programs, career and employment, and etc.).
- English Classes in collaboration with Adult Learning for the Fall 2021.
- And much more!
FCRC is available to all individuals and families in Chestermere and SE Rocky View. The FCRC Team will work with you to access the resources that best meet your needs.
- Visit us at City Hall, 105 Marina Drive, Chestermere. We can take appointments Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00pm.
- You can call the Family & Community Resource Centre at (403) 207-7079.
- Send us an email about your concerns and questions, or fill out this short form.
- In addition to office hours,
- we have outreach hours at the Food Bank (Bay 105, 100 Rainbow Road, Chestermere) Wednesdays, from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- we can provide outreach services for Langdon and Area individuals and families by appointment.
Proudly Funded By
Child and Family Services, City of Chestermere and Chestermere FCSS, and Rocky View County FCSS.
South East Rocky View Resources
- Indus Recreation Centre
- South East Rocky View Food Bank - (587) 585-7378
- Indus Mothers and Tots - (403) 816-9651
- Indus Preschool - (403) 936-5474, ext. 4
- Indus Seniors Livewires - (403) 936-5427
- Welcome Wagon - (403) 934-9459
Alberta 211 is a direct line for Alberta residents to access many necessary services and resources. Click here for more information and how to contact 211 Toll Free.