Gifts of Kindness
Halloween Costume Contest
This October, Chestermere residents are invited to participate in the Gifts of Kindness Halloween Costume Contest and help raise money for neighbours in need in our community.
Simply pay the donation entry, upload your photo by October 29 and you could win a candy loot bag and pumpkin! Winners of the Best Themed Family Costume will also win a drive by parade of City vehicles and equipment!
Note: you will be asked to create an account to make a donation and enter the contest.
A sudden job loss, diagnosis or change in family structure can mean that residents face financial troubles in the blink of an eye.
The Gifts of Kindness Fund provides short term financial support to help meet the basic needs of Chestermere and South East Rocky View residents.
In addition to helping people get back on their feet, this support helps prevent long term social challenges in our community such as homelessness and malnutrition.
Note: Gifts of Kindness was called the Christmas with Dignity fund until 2019.
There are three ways to get involved!
1. Participate in our current fundraiser
Scroll up to see what we are doing to raise funds and awareness for Gifts of Kindness right now!
2. Donate any amount
Any time during the year, you can make a difference in the lives of Chestermere and South East Rocky View residents by donating any amount.
- Click here to donate any amount online. (You will be asked to sign in or create an account)
- Send a cheque: Cheques can be made out to The City of Chestermere with the memo being Gifts of Kindness. Cheques can be dropped off or mailed to 105 Marina Road, Chestermere, AB T1X 1V7.
- Contact the Family & Community Resource Centre (403-207-7079) if you'd like to make a special donation
Donations of $20 or more are eligible for a tax receipt.
3. Sign up for our email newsletter
We provide quarterly updates to the community through the City's e-newsletter (which is sent monthly).
Click here to sign up!
Upon referral, the City's Family & Community Resource Centre team can meet with an individual or family experiencing financial hardship to discuss their current situation and offer strategies and resources that may provide financial relief.
This may include referrals to the Chestermere Food Bank (hampers and Good Food Box), federal support programs (employment insurance), and provincial support programs.
If eligible, the staff can also offer short term financial support to the family in the following ways:
- Basic Needs Support: Short term support in the form of a utility bill payment, grocery gift card or transportation assistance.
- Personal Essentials: Upon request, staff distribute personal care & hygiene items to residents in need.
- Holiday Packs: Staff provide gift cards to enable residents to purchase groceries for a special meal during the holidays.
- Adopt a Family: During the holiday season, staff connect donors to residents in need to ensure that they can have a meal and gifts to celebrate the season in a special way.
2019 Gifts of Kindness Report
Read more about how your donations make a difference to Chestermere families by reading the 2019 Gifts of Kindness Report.
Connect with us:
If you are facing financial challenges and need support, connect with our Family & Community Resource Team by calling 403-207-7079 or completing the intake form here.
The team is made up of staff who have extensive experience in supporting families in need. They will offer a confidential listening ear, suggestions for resources, and referrals to other supports.
The Gifts of Kindness fund is still accessible to residents during the COVID-19 crisis. We continue to follow regular procedures for those residents requesting access to the fund, which includes the requirement that individuals and families access all other available resources prior to requesting funds from Gifts of Kindness.
This includes the provincial and federal programs that have been initiated in response to COVID-19, as well as any deferral assistance that is available. More information on these resources can be found at chestermere.ca/covid19.