The Streetscape Committee is a volunteer group that receives funding from City Council for beautification projects. Over the years this committee has been involved in a number of projects throughout the city including:
- The commissioning of / input into many pieces of public art
- The addition of various light features for the winter light display in John Peake Park.
- Coordinating the display of the park and street banners
- Organizing the city's annual Birth Forest event
- Organizing the Chestermere in Bloom program, a spin-off of the International Communities in Bloom program
- Purchasing many benches and picnic tables for installation in parks and along pathways.
In 2019, Chestermere’s Streetscape Committee introduced the Honour our Veterans Banner Program to recognize those who have served or are currently serving in the Canadian, Allied or Commonwealth Forces. Banners are hung at Anniversary Park leading up to and for our Remembrance Day Service. This is a multi-year program and the application process is open year-round.
The application deadline has been extended to September 15 for 2020. Any applications received after that date will be held for the next year’s printing.
2020 Highlights coming soon
Chestermere in Bloom
Birth Forest Planting Event
This event takes place annually on National Tree Day in the fall - for more details about the Birth Forest click here