Outdoor Skating Rinks - CLOSED UNTIL NEXT SEASON
Once there has been a significant and extended period of cold weather, the City will again begin to measure and post current ice thickness around the lake, and recreational use of the City’s maintained ice rinks can begin for the winter season.
The City does not give permits for any recreational activities on storm ponds. The water levels and ice thickness on storm ponds changes throughout the winter due to the freeze-thaw cycle and it is unsafe to be on these ponds at any time.
- Before skating on the Lake make sure to check the ice depths to ensure if is safe for use. You can find ice depth information updated weekly on this page.
- All City rinks are unsupervised areas. The City of Chestermere is not responsible for loss or injury to rink users or damaged property.
- It is recommended that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult.
- Wearing a helmet is strongly encouraged and protective padding is highly recommended.
- No smoking or controlled substances are permitted at these rinks.
- You must leave the ice during scheduled maintenance.
- Reminder: the City does not plow rinks on weekends or holidays.
Get Involved and Adopt-A-Rink: Help to maintain an outdoor ice rink by connecting with our Parks Team! Just call (403) 207-2807 or e-mail email@example.com.
Lake Ice Measurements: Visit the Lake Ice Measurements page for the latest information and remember that no ice is safe ice.
COVID-19 Guidance for Outdoor Winter Recreation: COVID-19 Guidance for Winter Recreation (alberta.ca)
|Kinniburgh Rink||Sandpiper Point & Sandpiper Crescent||Closed||Feb 9||Poor||Closed until further notice.|
|St. Gabriel Archangel School Rink||197 Invermere Road||Closed||Feb 9||Poor||Closed until further notice.|
|Alta-Link Rink||Rainbow Falls Grove & Seagreen Link (1 shinny rink, 1 skating only rink)||OPEN||Feb 25||Fair||Open|
|McIvor Rink||145 McIvor Terrace||Closed||Feb 9||Poor||Closed until further notice.|
|Lake Rinks - Anniversary Park||208 W Chestermere Drive||Closed||Feb 9||Poor||Closed until further notice.|
|Lake Rinks - The Landing||The Landing||Open||Feb 25||Fair||2 Rinks Open|