Outdoor Skating Rinks
Updated March 2021: PLEASE STAY OFF THE ICE
Due to warm temperatures and fluctuating ice conditions the City has come to the end of our ice maintenance season.
Safety of the public and of City staff is of the utmost importance. It is strongly advised that residents and visitors stay off of the ice.
Thank you to all of our volunteers that have helped with the maintenance of our rinks this winter.
We look forward to bringing skating opportunities throughout the city next season.
- Before skating on the Lake make sure to check the ice depths to ensure if is safe for use. You can find ice depth information updated weekly on this page.
- All City rinks are unsupervised areas. The City of Chestermere is not responsible for loss or injury to rink users or damaged property.
- It is recommended that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult.
- Wearing a helmet is strongly encouraged and protective padding is highly recommended.
- No smoking or controlled substances are permitted at these rinks.
- You must leave the ice during scheduled maintenance.
- Reminder: the City does not plow rinks on weekends or holidays.
Get Involved and Adopt-A-Rink: Help to maintain an outdoor ice rink by connecting with our Parks Team! Just call (403) 207-2807 or e-mail email@example.com.
Lake Ice Measurements: Visit the Lake Ice Measurements page for the latest information and remember that no ice is safe ice.
COVID-19 Guidance for Outdoor Winter Recreation: COVID-19 Guidance for Winter Recreation (alberta.ca)
|Kinniburgh Rink||Sandpiper Point & Sandpiper Crescent||Closed|
|St. Gabriel Archangel School Rink||197 Invermere Road||Closed|
|Alta-Link Rink||Rainbow Falls Grove & Seagreen Link||Closed|
|McIvor Rink||145 McIvor Terrace||Closed|
|Chestermere Lake Rink - Anniversary Park||208 W Chestermere Drive||Closed|
|The Lake||The Landing||Closed|