Book an Inspection
Safety Codes Inspections
The City of Chestermere has its own Building and Utility Safety Codes Officers, who perform the following Safety Codes Inspections for:• Building
• Gas & Plumbing
• Private Sewage Disposal System (PSDS)
Requesting for Safety Codes Inspections
Request for inspection
1. Know when to request inspections for:
2. Inspections must be requested through email at email@example.com.
3. To ensure a high quality of service, we are now implementing an inspection request deadline for Building, HVAC, Plumbing, Gas, and Electrical. To receive an inspection on the next available business day, you must book before 2 PM the previous business day. For example, book your inspection by 2 pm on Friday for Monday inspection. For electrical and plumbing inspections, the City requires a number of requests before an inspection day is set.
4. Additional fees may be charged for any re-inspections beyond the required inspection due to deficiencies or missing documents.
5. No inspections will be carried out, without a valid permit.
Landscaping and Performance Inspections
The City of Chestermere will refund the landscaping and performance deposits when the property has passed the landscaping and performance inspections.
- Landscaping Deposit Refund Process - an As Constructed Grading Certificate must be submitted and accepted before a Landscaping Inspection has been carried out.
- Performance Deposit Refund Process
***ATTENTION: To all our Builders:
Please note that the time of year when we cannot complete Performance and Landscaping Inspections is fast approaching. As of November 1, 2018 until April 2, 2019, the City of Chestermere will not be accepting requests for Performance or Landscaping inspections due to variable weather conditions and uncertain snow/ice coverage of pertinent infrastructure/landscaping. If requests come in, they will be sent back to you with a note that it is your responsibility to re-apply after April 2, 2019, we will not keep your request on queue. During this time, however, we will accept As Constructed Grade Certificates for review to facilitate a quicker turnaround in the spring. Again, no inspections, therefore no refunds will be processed during this time.
Please have your requests submitted prior to October 26, 2018 in order to ensure that inclement weather does not hamper the last week of inspections. Keep in mind that a performance inspection will not be carried out unless all permits for that build have been closed. A landscaping inspection will not be completed until an As Constructed Grading Certificate has been submitted and accepted by the City first.
Thank you for your continued understanding.