Development & Safety Codes Inspections
- Safety Codes Inspections
- Landscaping and Performance Inspections
- Development Completion Certificate (DCC)
- To receive an inspection for the next available business day, you must book before 2 PM of the previous business day. (For example, book your inspection by 2 pm on Friday for Monday inspection.)
- For electrical and plumbing inspections, the City requires a number of requests before an inspection day is set.
- Additional fees may be charged for any re-inspections beyond the required inspection due to deficiencies or missing documents.
- No inspections will be carried out, without a valid permit.
The City of Chestermere will refund the landscaping and performance deposits when the property has passed the landscaping and performance inspections.
- Landscaping Deposit Refund Process - an As Constructed Grading Certificate (ACGC) must be submitted and accepted before a Landscaping Inspection has been carried out. The ACGC must be signed off on by a Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer.
A Development Completion Certificate (DCC) is a document issued by the Development Authority confirming an approved development had been completed as per approved plans, Development Permit conditions, Development Agreement requirements, engineering and landscaping standards of the City of Chestermere, and is of acceptable quality.
Upon receipt of a paid DCC application, current Certificate of Title, and all as-builts, City Staff will conduct at least 2 on-site inspections to ensure development compliance. Inspection details are listed below:
- The inspection team includes Planning, Parks, Roads, and Engineering.
- Please be advised that inspections are only conducted between April through October, weather permitting.
- The DCC fee includes the two inspections (initial and maintenance period).
- Should additional inspections be required, an additional fee will be applied.
— — —