Illegal Dumping Costs Taxpayers
Illegal dumping costs you, the taxpayers. When large items are found on roads, or in parks, the City’s Roads department has to pick it up and haul it to the landfill. This process often involves multiple staff, trucks and costs money to dispose of properly.
If you see someone illegal dumping, report it.
Take note of:
- The offender’s license plate
- Description of the offender and vehicle
- The location of the offence
- Photos of the vehicle and license plate are very helpful!
To report illegal dumping, please call Municipal Enforcement at (403) 207-7058 or the RCMP at (403) 204-8777.
What to look for:
- Household garbage
- Construction and demolition materials (such as shingles or scrap metal)
- Landscaping and yard waste
- Chemical and medical waste (such as paint or oil)
Unsure of where to put your material?
Search for an item on the Chestermere Eco Centre webpage
to learn how to dispose of your item correctly.