Yesterday, the Province announced that all areas, except for the City of Calgary and the City of Brooks, will be moving into Stage 1 of the Re-Launch strategy, starting today, May 14, 2020. This means that Chestermere can enter into Stage 1.
“As re-opening activities commence, it is crucial to remember that the virus has not been eradicated,” says Director of Emergency Management Bernie Morton. “Continue to slow the spread of this virus. Continue to be safe and protect your friends and family. At the Emergency Command Centre, we will also work to ensure our businesses can operate in a safe manner as they reopen.”
Stage 1 means that the following Chestermere businesses can reopen:
- Retail businesses like clothing, furniture and book stores.
- Hairstyling and barber shops.
- Cafés, restaurants, pubs and bars will be permitted to reopen for table service at 50% capacity.
- Museums and art galleries.
- Daycares and out-of-school care, with occupancy limits.
- Day camps, including summer school, with occupancy limits.
In addition to provincial regulations, Chestermere residents should be aware of the following changes during Re-Launch (as outlined in the updated orders):
- Sanitation, gathering, self-isolation and hygiene requirements all remain in place.
- The boat launch will be reopening to the public on Friday, May 29th. For more details, visit www.chestermere.ca/boats.
- The dog beach has been reopened, provided that people do not gather in groups larger than 15 and maintain 2 meters of distance from anyone they do not live with.
- CHEMA strongly recommends the use of masks when in public where other people are congregating.
The City also has strict hygiene and sanitation measures in place for businesses to reopen. Business owners can view those under the ‘Information for Businesses’ tab at www.chestermere.ca/covid19.
For current local, provincial and federal updates about the COVID-19 pandemic, visit chestermere.ca/covid19.