Remembrance Day Ceremony
10:45 on November 11
This year, the ceremony will be a hybrid and there are 2 ways to participate:
- Attend in Person. You are welcome to attend the outdoor event in person at the Cenotaph (208 West Chestermere Drive). Please note that there is no capacity limit, but attendees are asked to stay in their family groups and give 6 feet of space between other groups as a COVID-19 precaution.
- Watch Online: The ceremony will be live-streamed at www.facebook.com/cityofchestermere and anyone is welcome to watch virtually.
A Veterans’ March to the Cenotaph will take place prior to the ceremony. Any veterans interested in participating are welcome to meet at the Fire Hall at 10am.
The official program will begin at 10:45 a.m.
- March on of the Colours - Piper
- O Canada
- Homily & Prayer
- Last Post – Trumpeter
- Two minutes of silence
- Piper’s Lament
- The Rouse – Trumpeter
- Act of Remembrance
- Address by the Mayor
- Address by MLA
- Laying of Government and Official wreaths
- Announcements & Acknowledgements
- God Save the Queen
Additional Ways to Honour our Veterans
- Visit after the ceremony
- After the service the Cenotaph will remain open from 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. to the public for those who would like to lay a wreath and give their respect.
- Show your support by decorating your windows with poppies or having your children complete a workbook.
- Workbooks available at https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remembrance/classroom/take-time-to-remember
- Colouring pages are available at https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remembrance/classroom/tales-of-animals-in-war/arts-and-crafts/coloring
- Donate to the Veteran’s Food Bank.
- Purchase a wreath from the Royal Canadian Legion.
- Wreaths are available for purchase from: Royal Canadian Legion Branch 1 (116 - 17 Avenue S.E. Calgary, (403) 266-5752, email@example.com). 8" Wreath 35.00, 14" Wreath 60.00, 20" Wreath 85.00, 24" Wreath 130.00, Ribbon Inscription - $25.00. Deadline for ordering is November 9th
- Purchase a veterans banner