Outdoor Skating Rinks - CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The Parks team is hard at work preparing our ice rinks for the upcoming season.
The first week of flooding is a crucial part of the process. These initial floods ensure a solid base layer of ice while also protecting the liners that were installed.
We ask that all residents please stay off of the rinks until we remove all of the signage and announce their opening.
You can look forward to an announcement next week with opening dates for each rink.
The Parks team thanks you in advance for your compliance.
The City does not give permits for any recreational activities on storm ponds. The water levels and ice thickness on storm ponds changes throughout the winter due to the freeze-thaw cycle and it is unsafe to be on these ponds at any time.
- Before skating on the Lake make sure to check the ice depths to ensure if is safe for use. You can find ice depth information updated weekly on this page.
- All City rinks are unsupervised areas. The City of Chestermere is not responsible for loss or injury to rink users or damaged property.
- It is recommended that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult.
- Wearing a helmet is strongly encouraged and protective padding is highly recommended.
- No smoking or controlled substances are permitted at these rinks.
- You must leave the ice during scheduled maintenance.
- Reminder: the City does not plow rinks on weekends or holidays.
Get Involved and Adopt-A-Rink: Help to maintain an outdoor ice rink by connecting with our Parks Team! Just call (403) 207-2807 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Ice Measurements: Visit the Lake Ice Measurements page for the latest information and remember that no ice is safe ice.
COVID-19 Guidance for Outdoor Winter Recreation: COVID-19 Guidance for Winter Recreation (alberta.ca)
|Kinniburgh Rink||Sandpiper Point & Sandpiper Crescent||CLOSED||Mar 29|
|St. Gabriel Archangel School Rink||197 Invermere Road||CLOSED|
|Alta-Link Rink||Rainbow Falls Grove & Seagreen Link (1 shinny rink, 1 skating only rink)||CLOSED||Mar 29|
|McIvor Rink||145 McIvor Terrace||CLOSED||Mar 29|
|Lake Rinks - Anniversary Park||208 W Chestermere Drive||CLOSED||Mar 29|
|Lake Rinks - The Landing||The Landing||CLOSED||Mar 29|