- Resident Services
Transit Link Information
About the Chestermere Transit Link
The Chestermere Transit Link that began August 30, 2021 is an extension of Calgary’s MAX Purple Line and runs for two trips twice a day (during a.m. and p.m. peak times).
These trips see MAX Purple continuing its route past East Hills where it currently stops, and on to Chestermere.
The transit extension is in a pilot phase and will be evaluated throughout the term of the agreement with Calgary.
The current route has twelve stops on the west side of Chestermere. More stops throughout Chestermere and on the east side of Chestermere Lake may be added in the future.
Stop 2622 RelocationEffective December 20, Calgary Transit stop number 2622 is moving from its current, temporary location on the south side of Rainbow Falls Drive and West Creek Drive to the northwest corner of the same intersection.
This permanent location was the intended route design from the outset of the Chestermere Transit Project. With the completion of traffic signals at Rainbow Road and West Lakeview Drive, which includes a bus priority signal, stop 2622 can now be moved from the temporary location to the permanent one.
Bus arrival and departure times are not affected at any stops in Chestermere because of this move.
Visit chestermere.ca/transit for more transit-related information including schedules, FAQs, fares and more.
Detailed Chestermere ScheduleThe link to Chestermere runs on weekdays at approximately 6am and 7am and returns to Chestermere at approximately 5pm and 6pm.
Download the Detailed Chestermere Stop Schedule by clicking here or clicking the image below.
Overall MAX Purple ScheduleFor a detailed schedule and route, download the MAX Purple Pocket Guide or visit www.calgarytransit.com and select Schedules/Maps and choose Route 307 - MAX Purple.
Transit subsidy now available for Chestermere residents
To enhance economical transportation options for residents, discounted passes and tickets will now be offered through the Chestermere Community Support Services’ Community Access Program to use Calgary Transit. Read more here or apply for the subsidy by filling out this form, or by calling (403) 207-7079.
Where to Purchase Fares
Chestermere Transit Link Fares can be purchased
- Using the My Fare App.
- To use My Fare, buy your ticket or pass and activate it on your phone just before getting on the bus. When you board the bus, you place your activated ticket in front of the onboard validator, which will let our operator know you have a valid ticket. If for some reason there’s an error with the validator, you can show your ticket/pass to the operator to validate visually.
- There is an option on My Fare to set up an account, but to do that, customers need a myID account with The City of Calgary. Chestermere residents should buy their fares as a guest.
- Please note that electronic single ride tickets expire after seven days.
- Online at www.calgarytransit.com/shop. Paper tickets and passes will be mailed out.
- Chestermere Safeway
- Chestermere Petro Canada.
If your business would like to sell Calgary Transit passes, click here.
Current Fare Rates
For the latest fare rates, visit www.calgarytransit.com.
- $3.50 for a one time use (valid for 90 min)
- $35.00 for tickets bought in books of 10
- $11.00 for a day pass (valid from time of purchase until end of service that day)
- $109.00 for a monthly pass (valid for 1 calendar month)
Youth (Ages 6-17) or Students 18-21 attending high school full time
- $2.40 for a one time use (valid for 90 min)
- $24.00 for tickets bought in books of 10
- $8.00 for a day pass (valid from time of purchase until end of service that day)
- $79.00 for a monthly pass (valid for 1 calendar month)
Children ages 5 and under ride the bus for free!
Important Information about using Calgary Transit
- Face coverings are still required on all public transportation.
- Buses are equipped with ramps that can be lowered to make it easier for customers with mobility issues to board.
- Many factors can impact the time buses arrive at a stop. Customers should be at their stop 5-10 minutes before its scheduled time.
- Follow Calgary Transit on Twitter for the most up-to-date information about unexpected service disruptions and for the quickest response to questions/concerns.
- Sign up to receive updates about specific routes by downloading the Calgary Transit app and subscribing. This will alert you of other service disruptions that may occur with your route.
- Four times each year, Calgary Transit makes changes to routes and schedules. All service changes are posted at www.calgarytransit.com/Service-Updates.
- The online trip planning tool is not available for Chestermere addresses. If Chestermere residents would like to use the feature, you will have to enter a Calgary address as the starting or end point in the trip planning tool.
Download the Transit Link FAQ Handout here!
As Chestermere continues to grow, City Council and Administration are considering ways in which to improve services for current and future citizens.
Regional public transit is a service offered by many municipalities to help residents commute between municipalities.
Transit can provide mobility options for residents without vehicles, improve a community’s environmental outcomes by taking cars off the road, enable more affordable lifestyles, and encourage social interactions amongst riders.
For several months, Chestermere worked with the City of Calgary to explore an extension of the MAX Purple line to Chestermere. The new transit link launched on August 30, 2021.
The transit extension is in a pilot phase and will be evaluated throughout the term of the agreement with Calgary. The current route has twelve stops on the west side of Chestermere. More stops throughout Chestermere and on the east side of Chestermere Lake may be added in the future.
Not a Twitter user? No problem! Check here for information from Calgary Transit about possible delays and interruptions to service.
Tweets by calgarytransit